Friday, July 1, 2011

It's Worth It!!!

I do not even know where to begin. I'm not good at these blogging things but hey, I'm excited to try something new. I gotta start somewhere so I guess I can start from the beginning (don't worry it's not long :o)

So I'm a Mormon missionary serving in the States for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a lot of people have asked me why I and my fellow missionaries leave our homes for 18 months - 2 years to do what we do... (now if you're not good at Geography like me, Australia is basically on the other side of the world from the United States of America - trust me, I know - I looked at a globe). I kinda asked myself that question too, why would I be a missionary? What's so important that I had to travel so far? Why would I give up 18 months of my life? Is it worth it?

I like to say that YES!!!, it is totallly worth it. It's totally worth it to wake up early in the morning, to exercise, to study and then to go out and work all day - doesn't that sound like fun. Now it's seems like it's all work and no play but I tell ya, teaching people about Christ is such an amazing experience. I'm learning new things every single day! I'm meeting different people who have influenced me so much - I've built life-long relationships with some people that I now hold dear to my heart.

I love sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with others because it makes me happy and I know that it will make them happy as they live it. I love seeing people change because of the truths they find and how blessed they are. I'm not saying that being a missionary is the easiest thing to do, it's not. It's one of the most difficult and challenging things I've ever had to do in my life. I do have trials and I do cry sometimes but I know that I'm always looked after - I know who I can turn to and that is my Heavenly Father.

So as I continue on this journey of mine, I will share the things that I have learnt or I've had questions about. I hope to share with you some of the things that have made me happy or have made me sad and then we can laugh or cry together. One of my friends say "You can either cry or laugh about it, but crying gives you headaches, so let's just laugh".

So here we go!

Have a fantabulous week! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Sister Soolefai - we are so happy to have you here serving in Wilmington. Thanks for all your service and for making the sacrifices necessary to be here serving the Lord. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have a blog we can hear from you on! Valley Forge misses you Sister Soolefai! Glad to see you on here! We love you!

    ReplyDelete